Orthodontics & Invisalign® in Fort Atkinson, WI
Align your smile with confidence at BKS Dental Group.
Straighten Your Smile with Orthodontics in Fort Atkinson, WI
Orthodontics is the area of dentistry that corrects teeth that are not positioned properly. Although we prefer to correct these issues when patients are children, adults can benefit too!
BKS Dental offers several different orthodontic treatment options, including Invisalign®, to help patients achieve a beautiful, straight smile, regardless of their age.
- Problems Orthodontics Can Address
Overbite – Often called buck teeth, an overbite occurs when the upper front teeth lie too far forward, falling over the front lower teeth.
Underbite – Often called a “bulldog,” an underbite occurs when the lower teeth position themselves too far forward, coming over the top front teeth.
Crossbite – Crossbite occurs when the upper teeth don’t come down in front of the lower teeth when biting the teeth together.
- Open bite – This occurs when there is a space between the biting surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when biting the back teeth together.
- Misplaced midline – This occurs when the center of your upper front teeth and the center of your bottom teeth don’t line up with the center of your face.
Spacing – Teeth that are spaced apart instead of pushed together.
Crowding – When there isn’t enough room to accommodate all the teeth.
- Orthodontic Treatment Options
We offer a full selection of orthodontic options to help our patients find the best one to suit their needs.
Traditional Metal Braces – This method uses metal brackets and wires to pull teeth into their correct position
Clear Ceramic Brackets – This treatment works just like metal braces, only they use clear wires and ceramic brackets to reduce their visibility.
ClearCorrect & Invisalign – Patients wear removable clear plastic aligners to gradually move their teeth into position. This option is nearly invisible to the naked eye!
Early Interceptive Orthodontics (Vivos & Healthy Start) – This treatment is perfect for young children and can prevent the need for an orthodontic treatment in their teen years.
- Why Should I Straighten My Teeth? There are a number of reasons why you should straighten your teeth, first starting with the appearance of your smile. A straighter smile looks more pleasing in appearance. Straighter teeth are also healthier.
For example, when you have crowded teeth, it’s difficult to properly brush and floss them, resulting in cavities and gum disease.
Teeth that protrude are more likely to experience accidental chips, and crossbites can lead to uneven wear of the teeth or unfavorable jaw growth. Open bites can result in poor tongue positioning leading to speech impediments. Orthodontics can benefit the health of your smile in addition to its appearance.
- When is the Best Time to Begin Orthodontics? Although anyone can get orthodontic treatment, the most optimal time period to introduce orthodontics is during adolescence. We recommend that children visit us for an orthodontic evaluation by age seven or the first sign of orthodontic problems.
The earlier we see a child, the sooner we can implement preventive techniques, such as Early Interceptive Orthodontics, to change the way their teeth and jaw development. This is why it’s important to make sure your child visits us every six months for a dental exam so we can diagnose problems early on.
- Why should your child have an early orthodontic evaluation? When your child visits us for an early orthodontic evaluation, it creates more opportunities for us to guide the development of the teeth and jaw to prevent serious orthodontic needs down the line. If orthodontic intervention isn’t necessary, we can monitor growth and development and begin the treatment when the ideal time comes.
Some direct results of interceptive orthodontic treatments include:
- Creating room for erupting teeth if the mouth is crowded
- Influencing jaw growth to create facial symmetry
- Reducing the likelihood of trauma for protruding front teeth
- Preserving space in the mouth for unerupted teeth
- Reduce the need for tooth extraction
- Reducing treatment time with orthodontics
Hear BKS Dental patients sharing their experiences.
Clear Braces in Fort Atkinson, WI
Discreet. Comfortable. Effective.
If you want to straighten your teeth but don’t like the idea of wearing traditional wire braces, you’re in luck, Invisalign® and ClearCorrect are the perfect alternative treatments.
At BKS Dental, we understand that not every treatment is the right solution for every patient. With more treatment options, we’re certain every patient can feel happy about their treatment choice. Invisalign and ClearCorrect make orthodontic treatment more discreet, comfortable and convenient for patients. Find out if it’s the right treatment for you.
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear plastic aligners to gradually move your teeth into position. Some of the benefits include:
- No wires or brackets
- New aligners every two weeks to gradually move teeth into position
- Use digital impressions (no goop)
- Custom aligners to a perfect fit
- Beautifully aligned teeth
- Clear Correct®
ClearCorrect uses plastic aligners to straighten your teeth into their ideal position. Although very similar to Invisalign®, other benefits include:
- Thinner aligners than Invisalign®
- Less noticeable
- Could be more affordable
- Great outcomes and discreet treatment