BKS Dental is a proud user of laser technology. We utilize a LightScalpel CO2 soft tissue laser.
What does this mean for you?
The LightScalpel device produces a beam of laser light. This beam of light is a highly focused CO2 laser beam that can be used during surgical procedures to vaporize the targeted tissue while sealing off the blood vessels at the same time. This allows us to provide superior care for our patients. The laser is so precise that we can selectively remove only a few cells at a time, if needed.
What are the advantages of using the LightScalpel laser for surgical procedures?
- Reduced Risk of Infection
- Shortened Procedure Time
- Better Results due to Enhanced Precision
- Minimized Bleeding
- Less Swelling and Discomfort
What procedures can the LightScalpel Laser be used for?
- Removal of excess gum tissue
- Tongue Tie release
- Lip tie release
- Removal of lumps or bumps in the mouth
- Treatment of canker sores
- Cleaning of infected tissues
- Biopsy of suspicious tissues
- Extraction site cleaning and hemostasis
- Uncovering of impacted teeth