Dr. Michael Bender received his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Minnesota in 1986. He then attended a one year Advanced General Dentistry Residency Program at the Eastman Dental Center in Rochester, New York. Dr. Bender has been practicing dentistry in Fort Atkinson since 1987.
Dr. Bender is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Jefferson County Dental Society
- United States Dental Institute for Orthodontics
- Wisconsin Implant Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- International Association for Orthodontics
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry (received Mastership in 1999)
Dr. Bender completed a TMD/Occlusion and Orofacial Pain mini-residency program through the Center for Occlusal Studies in May 2013 giving him specialized training in treating jaw joint and orofacial pain disorders. He also received recognition as a certified VIVOS/BioModeling Solutions provider in 2016 for the treatment of sleep apnea. He and his wife, Donna, live in Fort Atkinson and have three children.